I am particularly fond of this commenter: "What war on women?, the GOP keeps asking? Bueller? Bueller?
Here! This war:
- redefinition of rape (attempted in Georgia)
- repeal of child labor laws (passed in Maine)
- repeal of minimum wage
- the effort to make contraception unaffordable
- the redefinition of life itself (beginning now before conception)
- cutting of aid for pregnant women
- the relentless cutting of funds for education
- reduce Medicaid and health care for women
- cut Head Start, by $1 billion.
- cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood
- in Congress, Republicans have introduced a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life (this is no joke!)
- proposing single mothers should not get welfare unless they work (Romney).
So, how does Mr. Romney suggest a single mother should go to work every day, when Head Start and daycare programs are not available, because Republicans axed them? What is she supposed to do with that three-year old? Lock it into a doggy crate, like Seamus?
51% of voters are women. Women! Vote, as long as you still can! " - Waltfl, first of the four "community pundits" at the top of the comments section.